Thursday 15 May 2014

That old wolf at my door . . .


So, I've finally gotten around to it.  I've started a blog.  This is something I have been meaning to do for about five years! It's been stalking me like a wolf and I'm finally paying attention.  The questions now are:  Will I stick to it? Will I manage to fulfil my ambition and post all the things I make? Will I use it to fuel my creativity?  Will it help me to stop and appreciate the here and now? Will I stay off Facebook? I hope so, I really do.

What to write in my first ever post?  Well, two things occurred to me recently, with the birth of my son, the first being that much of my life was busy with children before I even had a baby.  They were my work and my play.  When I was at home wanting to make something, for example, I would always be drawn to a children's toy or story first and I've made countless gifts for my friend's children over the years.  I retreat into my own childhood for inspiration probably because I love to reconnect with the child in me, even more so now I have one of my own.  It's made me allow myself time and reason for it.  The second is that after living life at 100 miles per hour, things slow down A LOT when you have a baby!  But this is no bad thing.  I've started being grateful for this time to reflect on the present and enjoy it rather than always looking to what comes next.

So, I've finally gotten around to it.   I've started a blog.  As the wolf has finally caught up with me and is knocking on my door, here goes project creativity and living in the now.


No comments:

Post a Comment